dede wrote: but the real problem is that the current ranking isn't played by anybody.
Well, actually it's not a problem. That kind of ranking should allow players to play whenever they want. It would not be one season ranking. It would be there for all times, like I said. So all generations of players can play for it. You only should make good way to upload great records that some players already have. So, they will not have to play it all again if they don't want to.
You could open a server for just one week and they can export it. Others will send videos.
dede wrote: We have to find a better way to rank players [if we need any].
Default tracks, default cars, pure speed, no lags. Can it really be better?
20.10.2008 v2.0.0
- Game engine improvements: smoother network game and
more accurate lap times
I just hope that Ande made it accurate enough and will not have to made changes about it anymore. As I know, it's good as it is now.