Track making competition 2007 Part II

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply
Jarno
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:14 am
Contact:

Track making competition 2007 Part II

Post by Jarno » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:50 am

Hello all trackmakers.

I know there is a lot trackmakers around, good ones and not so good ones. Someone likes to make tracks only with default tiles and someone likes to use own tiles. Someone likes large tracks and someone small tracks. This competition is for all of you. You can do track what ever you like to participate. Best part of this is that you guys can decide which track is best.

We saw last time that this was popular competition and gave lot to talk about. This year there is gonna be four track making competitions. They all are independent and equal. But after fourt competition in january 2008 there will be Voting about best track of 2007. In that final competition you cant make new tracks but all of those tracks which have been made for these four competitions are automatically in.

Important info about competition:
Tracks should sent to c2214@jamk.fi before 15.7.(15.7. is last day when you can send) So dont post tracks/links in this topic.
Email should contain next information: Trackname, maker and some introducing if liked with suggested cars or anything you want to tell about it.
Track should be packed with .zip format and that .zip should contain all of these things: .trk and .pat files, all of your own tile files and also a picture of a track(.jpg format is recommend). Track cant be over 1mb big. Only racing tracks are allowed in this competition(so no any x-bumbz, missile or pb-tracks) but of course it can be fun racing track.
Track have to be new one. So you cant pick your best ever made track and send that. You really have to make new one.
Remember also that track can be as wide and large as you want but it should be drivable with default cars. Players arent force to use any other cars.
Only one track per trackmaker.


16.7. i place links to tracks and pictures in forum and then voting starts. All of you can vote once and voting happened by placing three best tracks for your opinion in order 1. 2. 3. Voting happened in forum by replying this post.

For example:
1.Pu_Valli
2.J_Basring
3.hg_fastlane

You can also give some comments.

Voting end last day of july when we know three best tracks of competition.
Spinnering on limits...

User avatar
Etmil
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:27 pm
Contact:

Post by Etmil » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:25 am

Woo! Just sent mine away :) Hoping to see lots of wonderful tracks here!

User avatar
Mouse
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1358
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am

Post by Mouse » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:00 pm

I'll make a track. This time, i will combine photoshop and the TS default style. :) Should be good for everyone i hope. :P

Looking forward to everyone's tracks.
Image

Janne
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:40 pm

Post by Janne » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:04 pm

Nice, I will try to get something done.

I only hope that 2 weeks is enough to get many people taking part..

User avatar
dede
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 3314
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
Contact:

Post by dede » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:58 pm

I'll join as well, though I will send an old unreleased track (since it sucks too much for tournaments).

User avatar
Etmil
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:27 pm
Contact:

Post by Etmil » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Have you got mine, Jarno? I just want to make sure.

User avatar
Keppana
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:00 pm

Post by Keppana » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:59 pm

Sent my track. Hand In The Sand was like graphical testing and suitable for fast cars. This new track is more friendly to other cars also, featuring medium long straights and tight curves.

User avatar
Mouse
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1358
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am

Post by Mouse » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:34 am

Keppana wrote:Sent my track. Hand In The Sand was like graphical testing and suitable for fast cars. This new track is more friendly to other cars also, featuring medium long straights and tight curves.
Foot in the sand? :P

My track is a work in progress, but i also have other tracks in progress (BumpzRacing, missile wars, rally, default racing weqeq ect ect...) so i will probably send my track as late as possible.
Image

Guest

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:00 am

well im in my track is already picked, [URL]_Jumping or my ice one that hasent been relesed hmm hard to pick but im sure to send one im just going to think

User avatar
Keppana
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:00 pm

Post by Keppana » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:02 am

Mouse wrote:Foot in the sand? :P
Nope :) But it has some imported tiles, which are fitted to small size vs good image quality, so it's possible to add some autoserver.

dby
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:02 pm
Contact:

Post by dby » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:49 pm

I'm in. I'll send my track soon, I think it's finished now but better wait a bit to make sure I haven't missed anything.

dby
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:02 pm
Contact:

Post by dby » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:24 pm

Just sent my track.

Will there be a server for testing the tracks? It's more fun than testing alone.

User avatar
Etmil
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:27 pm
Contact:

Post by Etmil » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:18 pm

Maybe testing/assessing the tracks in community server?:)

User avatar
dede
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 3314
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
Contact:

Post by dede » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:36 pm

Etmil wrote:Maybe testing/assessing the tracks in community server?:)
I won't be home from saturday to the end of the month. So I can't upload them there. I believe that Jarno can host some cup with those tracks anyway. I already suggested to organize some cup with trackmaking competition's tracks: otherwise they are useless.

User avatar
Keppana
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:00 pm

Post by Keppana » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:47 pm

dede wrote:I won't be home from saturday to the end of the month. So I can't upload them there. I believe that Jarno can host some cup with those tracks anyway. I already suggested to organize some cup with trackmaking competition's tracks: otherwise they are useless.
How do you mean useless? You haven't even seen tracks yet. Some of the latest compo tracks is in active use on servers.

User avatar
dede
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 3314
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
Contact:

Post by dede » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:50 pm

Keppana wrote:How do you mean useless? You haven't even seen tracks yet. Some of the latest compo tracks is in active use on servers.
I mean that it's just stupid releasing tracks just for a competition when they can be used for cups. Organizing a cup with those tracks would be a better idea.

User avatar
Keppana
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:00 pm

Post by Keppana » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:30 am

dede wrote:I mean that it's just stupid releasing tracks just for a competition when they can be used for cups. Organizing a cup with those tracks would be a better idea.
I keep this fun and hope someone make compo cup afterwards. I hope the tracks is not too big, maxium size would be 1MB or something, so it won't then take million years to download track during the cup, if there is 10 other ppl downloading meanwhile. For example some car sound effect was 5MB, my God that took long time to download, and anyway it was not so effective sound and car was dirty :x

dby
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:02 pm
Contact:

Post by dby » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:53 am

Keppana wrote:so it won't then take million years to download track during the cup
Just post a track pack and put the url in server info.

Jarno
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:14 am
Contact:

Post by Jarno » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:36 am

==DEADLINE IS MOVED TO 1st OF AUGUST== so tracks have to be sent before that. Reason is that i cant use my computer before.
Spinnering on limits...

dby
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:02 pm
Contact:

Post by dby » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:58 pm

I'm releasing my track now anyway as planned, so I guess that makes it disqualified. I might make a new one before 1 aug if I find the time.

User avatar
Etmil
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:27 pm
Contact:

Post by Etmil » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:25 am

It's 3rd of August already, where are the tracks? Did anything happen?:/

User avatar
Keppana
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:00 pm

Post by Keppana » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:58 am

Etmil wrote:It's 3rd of August already, where are the tracks? Did anything happen?:/
I am also awaiting in an excitement the tracks, where are they? :|

xzeal
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:32 am

Post by xzeal » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:32 pm

I believe Jarno is a bit ill at the moment, you should remind him on MSN.

User avatar
Keppana
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:00 pm

Post by Keppana » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:27 pm

xzeal wrote:I believe Jarno is a bit ill at the moment, you should remind him on MSN.
He is not answering. If he is not able to finish this compilation I would make it. I make another topic and peoples send files to me. I am getting really disappointed soon if nothing happens.

Edit: He is a bit ill, no correct knowledge what is it, but let us all hope it's not serious. He may put tracks here when he is feeling better and do have working tracks from a few people.

Post Reply