Swoot Tournament
Moderator: Forum Moderators
- [Swoot]Prazene
- Community User Level: 1

- Posts: 74
- Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:26 pm
Swoot Tournament
About my new team's tournament (see this topic: http://jollygoodgames.com/forum/viewtop ... sc&start=0) i would like to know your preferences:
Please add motivations of your vote so i will start it next weekend (as soon as i will speak again with mikenike and wazaari)
Please add motivations of your vote so i will start it next weekend (as soon as i will speak again with mikenike and wazaari)
Re: Swoot Tournament
Quite frankly, I don't like the whole 1 lap-idea at all. (especially for the reasons mikko pointed out in the other topic)
What I would like better: some 10-20 laps on a track, but with the total time being decisive instead of the fastest lap.
What I would like better: some 10-20 laps on a track, but with the total time being decisive instead of the fastest lap.
Re: Swoot Tournament
Sounds goodTijny wrote:Quite frankly, I don't like the whole 1 lap-idea at all. (especially for the reasons mikko pointed out in the other topic)
What I would like better: some 10-20 laps on a track, but with the total time being decisive instead of the fastest lap.
well, all depends on what type of cup we are going to do!!
As i told you 2 days ago with 1 lap the will be more excitment and a more thight cup
2-4 laps can be good in order to avoid a possible lag atack during 1 lap etc
Final winner: T 50% others 50%
10-20 lap it is another cup for wankers, nothing more, people who trained will surely win!! Final winner will be T 100%
I ll think a little more at tijny idea of an overall time, but surelu i will not host it if it will have more than 10 laps!!
it would be really nice if track would be new, but it can t be done unfortunatly
As i told you 2 days ago with 1 lap the will be more excitment and a more thight cup
2-4 laps can be good in order to avoid a possible lag atack during 1 lap etc
Final winner: T 50% others 50%
10-20 lap it is another cup for wankers, nothing more, people who trained will surely win!! Final winner will be T 100%
I ll think a little more at tijny idea of an overall time, but surelu i will not host it if it will have more than 10 laps!!
it would be really nice if track would be new, but it can t be done unfortunatly
I do not know what mikko pointed out in another topic, but i thought about the 1-lap thing:
I told you about my idea, praz., but your one has got a deciding difference: people can decide when to drive the track and they can find out the trackname and download the track before driving it on the server...theoretically. Since you also suggested me to put up already existing tracks, i am not looking very forward to this, anymore.
If you choice a 1-lap solution in an autoserver, where people can choice to drive their time to drive in the server...then a 1. new and 2. big track and in best case 3. only 1 single car good be good.
I told you about my idea, praz., but your one has got a deciding difference: people can decide when to drive the track and they can find out the trackname and download the track before driving it on the server...theoretically. Since you also suggested me to put up already existing tracks, i am not looking very forward to this, anymore.
If you choice a 1-lap solution in an autoserver, where people can choice to drive their time to drive in the server...then a 1. new and 2. big track and in best case 3. only 1 single car good be good.
Instead of the number of laps, I think it would be more useful to discuss about the total duration of the race. It would make a big difference if a lap lasts for <10 sec than >30 sec, for example. Perhaps something like approximately 1 minute (or maybe 2?) would be a reasonable compromise.
Having the possibility of training the track in advance should not matter as everyone can do that. That's how I feel, and its related to the fact that I'm very, very slow at learning new tracks.
Anyway, this should not be too serious. This competion does not necessarily need be a pure measure of the abilities of the drivers as DIT is due to its nature.
Having the possibility of training the track in advance should not matter as everyone can do that. That's how I feel, and its related to the fact that I'm very, very slow at learning new tracks.
I spoke with prazene, we both prefere to use a new track but it is impossible that it will be new for all!!!Mike Nike wrote:I do not know what mikko pointed out in another topic, but i thought about the 1-lap thing:
I told you about my idea, praz., but your one has got a deciding difference: people can decide when to drive the track and they can find out the trackname and download the track before driving it on the server...theoretically. Since you also suggested me to put up already existing tracks, i am not looking very forward to this, anymore.
If you choice a 1-lap solution in an autoserver, where people can choice to drive their time to drive in the server...then a 1. new and 2. big track and in best case 3. only 1 single car good be good.
Someone can enter downolad it and then train and come back or pass it to another one
You are acting like a 5 year old, Raptor, do you know that?[NOS] Raptor wrote:Only the toca tour though... I do 60 laps for fun
Anyway, about this cup, I dont see why a 1 lap cup is such a problem. It is something different, why make it similar to other cups? Maybe it can be fun, worth trying i think.

Rabtor go to enjoy your 60 laps races and don t speak with me.[NOS] Raptor wrote:posibly... But I like big races... Most people do, I might try it
I don t like you so please don t coment my posts and i will do the same.
I really don t care of what you thinks and you will never join a cup organised by me.
good bye





